Vuw Recreation Centre
Wellington, Aotearoa New Zealand
Landscape Architect : Wraight + Associates
Client : Victoria University, Wellington
Project Status: Completed
- Provide an accessible route to the newly renovated Recreation Centre.
- Improve the quality of the existing Wai Te Ata Road access.
- Provide small open space at building entry
- Development of a material palette that relies on readily available robust finishes.
- A new accessible 1:12 ramp designed to retain and define a new area of terraced lawn.
- Reposed retaining walls with a highly textured finish provide a new contemporary aesthetic that has the potential to be used site wide as the university instigates new developments throughout the campus.
- A new seating terrace with bespoke timber furniture that performs the dual function of building entry and potential spill out zone.
- Improved connectivity to Wai Te Ata Road, improved lighting and enhanced amenity with new embankment planting and timber screens.