By W. South Coblin
The middle of the paintings is a systematically prepared directory of 2,558 sound glosses and 345 Buddhist transcriptions. chinese language characters in each one access are provided with center chinese language and jap Han reconstructed kinds.
Read or Download A Handbook of Eastern Han Sound Glosses PDF
Best public finance books
This publication developed from the 1st ten years of the Carnegie Mellon specialist Master's software in Computational Finance. The contents of the publication were used effectively with scholars whose arithmetic history contains calculus and calculus-based likelihood. The textual content provides either designated statements of effects, plausibility arguments, or even a few proofs.
This publication analyzes the industrial rules of recent company taxation. With appreciate to the present items it represents a novelty in at the very least respects. firstly, it analyzes not just the consequences of taxation on organizations' marginal offerings, but additionally makes a speciality of the influence of taxation on discrete offerings, similar to plant place, R and D funding, and new advertising and marketing courses.
It has develop into a part of the traditional knowledge within the economics of schooling that subsidies to raised schooling have a regressive distributional impact. provided that quite extra little ones from wealthier households sign up for greater schooling, many economist imagine that those subsidies to raised schooling have an undesirable distributional impression.
3 proposals for private Retirement money owed have been positioned forth by means of the Committee to bolster Social safety, appointed through President Bush. This e-book offers a close and candid overview of these proposals - differentiating the great from the undesirable. furthermore, How Social protection selections Your Pocket exposes how Social protection is carried out - who wins, who loses, and the way the sport is performed; and gives feedback for advancements to the approach.
- Gabler Kompakt-Lexikon Bank und Börse: 2.000 Begriffe nachschlagen, verstehen, anwenden
- Redefining German Health Care: Moving to a Value-Based System
- Ubernahmepramien im Rahmen von M&A-Transaktionen
- Stochastic Calculus for Finance 2
- Engineering Economics and Finance for Transportation Infrastructure
Extra info for A Handbook of Eastern Han Sound Glosses
It is perhaps possible that some of our anomolous pairings may ultimately reflect features of Ying's language which have thus far escaped detection, but it is difficult to believe that every one of them could be explainable in this way. One is drawn inevitably to the conclusion that something other than Bodman's matching of "total phonemic structure" has occurred here. In my view it is very likely that many of these examples represent riming pairs and that this sort of sound similarity was an acceptable if less common criterion for the construction of paranomastic glosses.
9 There is no evidence at all for reconstructing *gl- in BTD. Consequently, in this respect BTD resembles the languages of the Three Kingdoms and WJ periods rather than the EH gloss dialects (cf. Yu 1979:14; Coblin 1974-5: 306). 5 MC ts, tsh, dz, s, z For the gloss dialects MC ts-, tsh-,dz-, and s- can in most cases be projected back to the EH period unchanged. g. 10 I tentatively posit EH *rj- for 164a "a bank where the water is deep" on the grounds that it may be etymologically related to W (**hrj9m > sjam) "deep" (cf.
4. Sanskrit intervocalic p sometimes became -v- in the Prakrits (Pischel 1900:147, section 199;Woolner 1928:14; Burrow 1937:8;Brough 1962:87). In a number of cases Skt. -p- is rendered by MC yw-, jw-, and jiw- in BTD. These initials are regularly used to transcribe Skt. g. i 253 fPlra 291 3S$§Hfir 344 It^f kjalajwBt ka gJBn: dajwBt gjan pwajiaTwa diei zja 7wa Ijwan Iwankja jiwi la jwaika jiwi jwai- Skt. kulapati Skt. gandhavatl Skt. prajapati Skt. varuna Skt. vipasyin 5. In GandharT earlier intervocalic dh (< -dh-, -th-) is thought to have developed to [z] through the intermediate stage of  (Brough 1962:94).
A Handbook of Eastern Han Sound Glosses by W. South Coblin