By Julie Jansen
A disturbingly huge variety of buyers are unsatisfied with their paintings. during this valuable booklet, occupation trainer Julie Jansen addresses this work-dissatisfaction epidemic. utilizing profession evaluate quizzes and character workouts, Jansen is helping readers comprehend their current paintings or occupation scenario, notice the kind of paintings for which they're most fitted, and the right way to create the adjustments they wish. jam-packed with real-life examples and together with an invaluable source part, this advisor presents the muse and information to enforce confident profession swap.
Read or Download Don’t Know What I Want, But I Know It’s Not This PDF
Similar job hunting books
This advisor to overcoming the stumbling blocks and problems with task sharing covers every little thing from own advantages to the industrial advantages of such an association for the organisation. integrated are anecdotal tales approximately find out how to effectively allot time and obligations whereas sharing a task, how to define a suitable job-sharing companion, and the way to deal with the day by day demanding situations of dispensing initiatives.
While firefighters organize their resume and different fabrics had to discover employment possibilities, they notice that they have got a distinct historical past. ultimately there's a resume ebook that exhibits firefighters easy methods to most sensible current their skills, credentials, licenses, event, volunteer paintings, schooling and coaching, affiliations, and different info.
Here is the 1st publication to target the nonverbal elements of the task interview. Examines visual appeal and get dressed, physique language, facial expressions, and vocal inflection.
The EZ OOH is perfect for a person within the early phases of profession exploration, or for individuals short of brief, easy-to-read occupation details. This up-to-date publication provides succinct one-page overviews of greater than 260 jobs, together with these within the most up-to-date Occupational Outlook guide, plus eco-friendly careers.
- Winning interviews for $100,000+ jobs
- Cracking the New Job Market: The 7 Rules for Getting Hired in Any Economy
- 42 Rules to Jump start Your Professional Success. A Common Sense Guide to Career Success
- Ultimate Aptitude Tests: Assess Your Potential with Aptitude, Motivational and Personality Tests
- The Unofficial Guide to Landing a Job
Additional resources for Don’t Know What I Want, But I Know It’s Not This
If Mary had known that respect and balance were so important to her, she would have asked probing questions during her interview in an attempt to understand the work environment. You have the benefit of learning what your primary values are now so that as you move through the process of changing your work, you can keep your top-ten list of values foremost in your mind. Continually refer to your list when you are analyzing and thinking about different work options. Attitudes Attitude is your state of mind or feelings with regard to a person, idea, or thing.
4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. S R 48 Personality Preferences, Interests, and Favorite Skills Determining your primary interests is usually relatively easy; especially if you regularly spend time doing things like playing golf or making stained-glass windows. What is difficult for most people is thinking about interests in relation to work. Many people tend to separate the two because they believe that they won’t be able to fulfill their interests through work. Yet, the people who are the most satisfied with their careers have found a way to tie their personal interests more closely to their work.
In most cases, however, the values that are important to you will inform both your work life and your personal life. In essence, a value is what is important to you. While career psychologists have identified well over one hundred possible values, the list you are about to read contains forty values. In this assessment, you will first identify all the values that are important to you. You will then narrow down the list to your ten most important values. Last, you’ll identify which of your top-ten values are satisfied in your current work situation.
Don’t Know What I Want, But I Know It’s Not This by Julie Jansen