By Jay Bhopi MS(Opthalmology)
It's completely worthwhile that the working towards ophthalmologist bases medical and surgical judgements on legitimate facts instead of easily on instinct, rumour or peer-practice, even though this isn't to denigrate both one's personal opinion or these of comrades. Evidence-based drugs is helping to enhance scientific or surgical perform via comparing the standard of scientific proof and making sure that basically the simplest proof from medical learn is utilized in the administration of person results. provided that cataract sufferers could adventure an infection and problems it's best if the health care provider is on best of the present literature for prevention. additionally, the general practitioner will be au fait with the newest phacoemulsification strategies in addition to advances in lens fabric and layout. This marvellous book covers all features of cataract surgical procedure succinctly and offers the reader with sufficient advice for top sufferer results.
Read Online or Download Evidence-based Approach in Cataract Surgery PDF
Similar ophthalmology books
The ebook contains chosen papers provided on the eleventh ecu convention on Eye routine (Turku, Finland, 2001). The convention sequence brings jointly researchers from quite a few disciplines with an curiosity to review behavioral, neurobiological and scientific elements of eye hobbies. This quantity comprises 5 sections: I.
It really is totally helpful that the training ophthalmologist bases scientific and surgical judgements on legitimate information instead of easily on instinct, rumour or peer-practice, even if this isn't to denigrate both one's personal opinion or these of peers. Evidence-based drugs is helping to enhance scientific or surgical perform through comparing the standard of medical facts and making sure that merely the simplest facts from medical examine is utilized in the administration of person results.
The optic nerve and the mind include the most anatomic parts of neuro-ophthalmology. even supposing there are lots of handbooks and significant texts describing all of the universal problems of neuro-ophthalmology, OPTIC NERVE issues presents a realistic reference ebook focusing in basic terms on universal optic nerve issues.
- A Synopsis of Ophthalmology
- The Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary review manual for ophthalmology
- Rapid Diagnosis in Ophthalmology Series: Oculoplastic and Reconstructive Surgery (Rapid Diagnoses in Ophthalmology)
- Epidemiology and Statistics for the Ophthalmologist
- Lecture Notes: Ophthalmology
Extra info for Evidence-based Approach in Cataract Surgery
16. Melles GRJ, de Waard PWT, et al: Trypan blue capsule staining to visualize the capsulorhexis in cataract surgery. J Cataract Refract Surg 1999, 25:7–9. 17. Kothari K, Jain S, Shah N: Anterior capsular staining with trypan blue for capsulorhexis in mature and hypermature cataract. A preliminary study. Indian J Ophthalmol 2001, 49:177–180. 18. Yetik H, Devranoglu K, et al: Determining the lowest trypan blue concentration that satisfactorily stains the anterior capsule. J Cataract Refract Surg 2002, 28:988–991.
Dahan E, Salmenson BD: Pseudophakia in children: Precautions, techniques and feasibility. J Cataract Refract Surg 1990, 16:75–82. 39. David J Apple, et al: Sir Nicholas Harold Ridley, Kt, MD, FRCS: Contributions in addition to the intraocular lens. Arch Ophthalmol 2002, 120:1198–1202. Chapter 5 Phacoemulsification in Difficult Situations In the last decade several advances have taken place in surgical techniques for removal of cataracts in difficult situations such as posterior polar cataract, total cataract, subluxated cataract, and cataract in patients with uveitis.
30. Foster CS, Barrett F: Cataract development and cataract surgery in patients with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis-associated iridocyclitis. Ophthalmology 1993, 100:809–817. 31. Foster RE, Lowder CY, et al: Extracapsular cataract extraction and posterior chamber intraocular lens implantation in uveitis patients. Ophthalmology 1992, 99:1234–1240. 32. Abela Formanek C, Amon M, et al: Results of hydrophilic acrylic, hydrophobic acrylic, and silicone intraocular lenses in uveitic eyes with cataract: Comparison to a contract group.
Evidence-based Approach in Cataract Surgery by Jay Bhopi MS(Opthalmology)