By Jane W. Chan
The optic nerve and the mind include the most anatomic elements of neuro-ophthalmology. even if there are various handbooks and significant texts describing all of the universal problems of neuro-ophthalmology, OPTIC NERVE issues offers a pragmatic reference booklet focusing in simple terms on universal optic nerve disorders.
This ebook is equipped by way of optic nerve diagnoses typically encountered in a neuro-ophthalmologic perform. it truly is written in a transparent, concise sort for speedy, effortless reference within the medical institution. The association of every bankruptcy includes:
- prognosis via scientific symptoms and by way of electrophysiologic, ocular and neuroimaging techniques;
- administration via traditional remedies ; experimental/newer medicines lower than consideration;
Updated details on diagnostic concepts, together with OCT and mfVEP, and genetic trying out for hereditary optic neuropathies are mentioned. New information from medical reviews, comparable to beta-interferons for optic neuritis, are offered for the administration of every sickness. analysis of neuro-ophthalmologic issues with more moderen neuroimaging recommendations, reminiscent of puppy, SPECT, and diffusion-weighted imaging are absolutely defined. New facts from medical reviews (beta-interferons for optic neuritis, for example) could be offered for the administration of every disorder.
Read Online or Download Optic Nerve Disorders: Diagnosis and Management PDF
Similar ophthalmology books
The booklet includes chosen papers offered on the eleventh ecu convention on Eye activities (Turku, Finland, 2001). The convention sequence brings jointly researchers from a variety of disciplines with an curiosity to check behavioral, neurobiological and scientific features of eye pursuits. This quantity contains 5 sections: I.
It truly is totally useful that the working towards ophthalmologist bases scientific and surgical judgements on legitimate information instead of easily on instinct, rumour or peer-practice, even supposing this isn't to denigrate both one's personal opinion or these of associates. Evidence-based medication is helping to enhance scientific or surgical perform by way of comparing the standard of medical facts and making sure that in simple terms the simplest facts from medical study is utilized in the administration of person results.
The optic nerve and the mind contain the most anatomic elements of neuro-ophthalmology. even if there are various handbooks and significant texts describing all of the universal problems of neuro-ophthalmology, OPTIC NERVE problems presents a realistic reference booklet focusing basically on universal optic nerve problems.
- Assistive Technology for Visually Impaired and Blind People
- Ophthalmic Surgery: Principles and Practice
- CRC Handbook of Metal Etchants
- Vertigo and dizziness - Common Complaints
Additional resources for Optic Nerve Disorders: Diagnosis and Management
103. Svitra PP, Perry H. Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada (uveomeningitic) syndrome. In: Albert DM, Jakobiec FA, editors. Principles and practice of ophthalmology. Philadelphia: Sanders; 1994. 1. Optic Neuritis 104. Kincaid MC, Green WR. Ocular and orbital involvement in leukaemia. Surv Ophthalmol 1983;27:211–32. 105. Qualman SJ, Mendelsohn G, Mann RB, Green WR. Intraocular lymphomas: Natural history based on a clinicopathologic study of eight cases and review of the literature. Cancer (Phila) 1983;52:878–86.
Acute unilateral papillitis versus retrobulbar neuritis: relation to multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler 1996;1:223–7. Frisen L, Hoyt WF. Insidious atrophy of retinal nerve ﬁbers in multiple sclerosis. Funduscopic identiﬁcation in patients with and without visual complaints. Arch Ophthalmol 1974;92:91–7. Spalton DJ, Hitchings RA, Hunter PA, editors; Tan JCH, associate editor; Harry J, pathology advisor. Atlas of clinical ophthalmology. Philadelphia, Edinburgh: Elsevier Mosby; 2005. Lightman S, McDonald WI, Bird AC, Francis DA, Hoskins A, Batchelor JR.
193. 194. 195. 196. 197. 198. 199. 200. 201. 202. W. Chan imaging, serological, and genetic studies. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1995;58:70–4. Hutchinson WM. Acute optic neuritis and the prognosis for multiple sclerosis. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1976;39:283–9. Keast-Butler J, Taylor D. Optic neuropathies in children. Trans Ophthalmol Soc U K 1980; 100(pt 1):111–8. Tekavcic-Pompe M, Stirn-Kranjc B, Brecelj J. Optic neuritis in children: clinical and electrophysiological follow-up. Doc Ophthalmol 2003; 107(3):261–70.
Optic Nerve Disorders: Diagnosis and Management by Jane W. Chan