By J. Hyönä, D.P. Munoz, W. Heide, Ralph Radach
The publication contains chosen papers provided on the eleventh eu convention on Eye routine (Turku, Finland, 2001). The convention sequence brings jointly researchers from quite a few disciplines with an curiosity to review behavioral, neurobiological and medical features of eye movements.
This quantity contains 5 sections: I. Saccadic eye events. II. switch blindness and transsaccadic integration. III. tender pursuit eye routine. IV. Eye-hand coordination. V. medical features of eye move study. every one part ends with a statement bankruptcy written by means of a individual pupil. those commentaries speak about and combine the contributions within the part and supply knowledgeable view at the most vital current and destiny advancements within the respective components. The booklet is a reference quantity together with a wide physique of recent empirical paintings but additionally important theoretical viewpoints of top examine teams within the box. one of the subject matters mentioned during this publication are the position of cortical and subcortical mind parts within the keep an eye on of saccadic eye events, attentional mechanisms in guiding tender pursuit eye routine, neural mechanisms regarding eye-hand coordination, oculomotor deficits in psychiatric problems, Parkinson's affliction, head harm, and hashish abusers, integration of visible info throughout saccadic pursuits, and blindness to abrupt adjustments within the visible atmosphere. The ebook addresses a large viewers together with readers with an curiosity in neurophysiology and neuropsychology of imaginative and prescient, scientific study, consciousness and function, and visible cognition.
Read or Download The Brain's eye: Neurobiological and clinical aspects of oculomotor research PDF
Similar ophthalmology books
The e-book contains chosen papers offered on the eleventh ecu convention on Eye events (Turku, Finland, 2001). The convention sequence brings jointly researchers from numerous disciplines with an curiosity to review behavioral, neurobiological and medical elements of eye activities. This quantity includes 5 sections: I.
It's totally worthwhile that the training ophthalmologist bases medical and surgical judgements on legitimate facts instead of easily on instinct, rumour or peer-practice, even though this isn't to denigrate both one's personal opinion or these of comrades. Evidence-based medication is helping to enhance scientific or surgical perform by way of comparing the standard of scientific proof and making sure that in simple terms the simplest facts from medical learn is utilized in the administration of person results.
The optic nerve and the mind contain the most anatomic parts of neuro-ophthalmology. even supposing there are various handbooks and significant texts describing all of the universal issues of neuro-ophthalmology, OPTIC NERVE problems presents a realistic reference ebook focusing purely on universal optic nerve problems.
- Cataract Surgery: Maximizing Outcomes Through Research
- Botulinum Toxin in Facial Rejuvenation
- Cystoid Macular Edema: Medical and Surgical Management
- Regenerative phenomena
- Current Diagnosis and Treatment in Otolaryngology
Extra resources for The Brain's eye: Neurobiological and clinical aspects of oculomotor research
57. Ramos I, et al. Keratoconus associated with corneal guttata. Int J Kerat Ect Cor Dis. 2012;1:173–8. 58. Randleman JB, Woodward M, Lynn MJ, Stulting RD. Risk assessment for ectasia after corneal refractive surgery. Ophthalmology. 2008;115:37–50. 59. Randleman JB, Trattler WB, Stulting RD. Validation of the Ectasia Risk Score System for preoperative laser in situ keratomileusis screening. Am J Ophthalmol. 2008;145:813–8. 60. Ramos IC, et al. Variability of subjective classifications of corneal topography maps from LASIK candidates.
24 . This is contrary to the more common ectatic disorder, KC, in which apical protrusion occurs within regions of thinned central and paracentral cornea . Studies have confirmed that PMD demonstrates progression over time [27, 75–77]. Fig. 24 A side view of a cornea with PMD. The white arrow points at the inferior thinning band.
46. Fontes BM, Ambrosio Jr R, Jardim D, Velarde GC, Nose W. Corneal biomechanical metrics and anterior segment parameters in mild keratoconus. Ophthalmology. 2010;117:673–9. 47. Correia FF, et al. Impact of chamber pressure and material properties on the deformation response of corneal models measured by dynamic ultra-high-speed Scheimpflug imaging. Arq Bras Oftalmol. 2013;76:278–81. 48. Scarcelli G, Besner S, Pineda R, Yun SH. Biomechanical characterization of keratoconus corneas ex vivo with Brillouin microscopy.
The Brain's eye: Neurobiological and clinical aspects of oculomotor research by J. Hyönä, D.P. Munoz, W. Heide, Ralph Radach